We have designed our leadership programs to provide meaningful work experience and targeted educational experiences to develop future organizational leaders.
Participants have the opportunity to strengthen their career progression and performance within their selected business path through:
- Rotational assignments and projects
- Exposure to senior leaders in the career path
- Performance feedback and coaching
- Mentoring relationships
- Social and team-building opportunities
About the Program:
The program focuses on graduates who are retail enthusiasts and keen on understanding retail operations and management.
Over a two-to-three-year period, the participants will be trained to understand the following:
- Customer service
- Business processes
- Selling skills
- Leadership skills
- Commitment to trainings and assignments in the stores.
- Acquiring an excellent understanding of product lines and services, offered by FoodCo Nigeria Limited.
- Learning the value chain in FoodCo’s businesses. That is the full range of activities, involved in procuring the products/raw materials, getting them into the stores/production units, design of stores/placement of products, to attract sales from different demographic groups.
- Delivering excellent services to customers, through an excellent knowledge of products, and the ability to continually solve customers’ problems.
- Supporting all the functions in the retail outlets (over specified periods of time), with a cheerful disposition.
- Understanding the FoodCo culture and promoting this at the stores.
- Developing a great working relationship with all categories of workers, and vendors.
Candidates will take on positions of increased responsibility after the 6 months probationary training period strictly based on outstanding performance.
Required Skills and Qualities:
Candidates must possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree/ Higher National Diploma in any discipline
- Minimum graduating GPA- second class lower/lower credit
- 0-2 years post NYSC experience
- Age limit- 28 years
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- People oriented- A genuine love and concern for people, comfortable dealing with diverse personalities
- Passion for service- constantly going the extra mile to delight customers.
- Hands- on approach to work, strong initiative- willingness to take on diverse tasks on the shop floor.
- Leadership potential- Ability to motivate others towards accomplishing departmental goals.
FoodCo Nigeria Limited is a diversified consumer goods company with interests in retail, quick service restaurants, entertainment and manufacturing. Founded in the rustic city of Ibadan, south-west Nigeria in 1982, FoodCo is currently one of the Top-10 leading national supermarket chains in Nigeria, ranked by annual sales volume of national consumer brands and number of outlets. FoodCo is the only true multi-channel retailer in Nigeria, offering both in-store and online channels for its full assortment of programs.
The company employs over 800 staff across its fifteen outlets in Ibadan, Lagos and Ogun State. FoodCo continues to expand with other outlets currently under construction.
FoodCo has also made significant investments in social enterprise as a facilitator for small business growth. This includes providing access-to-market channels for small-scale suppliers as well as hosting capacity building workshops to help small businesses scale their operations.